- This system includes a traverse bar conveyor of 21 feet long by 5 feet wide.
- Bar spacing is available at 12" or 8" center to center.
- Material is placed between the traverse bars at the in-feed end of the machine. While random length pieces are brought forward, material is positioned by perpendicular roller conveyors ahead of both machining centers. A third roller conveyor takes care of lateral out-feed. Roller conveyors are 24" wide and are embedded into the transport table. The system is also equipped with a motorized pinch roller to re-align pieces longer than 60 inches, prior to the second machining center.
- The basic system is powered by a 3 HP variable speed main drive from 20 to 60 feet per minute.
- Tongue and groove machining centers are equipped with a squaring saw. The tongue station features a bottom and a top groover, while the groove station features a groover. The 5 squaring saws and groovers are powered by 3 HP arbor motors. When entering either one of the machining centers, material is pushed up against the hold-down press for justification with respect to the top of the board.
This machine has a capacity of 8 to 10 thousand board feet per shift, based on feed stock 2.25 inch x 36 inches, the End-Matcher Model EM is designed for end-matching of strip flooring in a mid-sized volume production environment.