The Orbit Thin Cutting Frame Saw was developed for cutting solid wood blocks into glueable slats with a minimum of saw kerf waste. The Orbit utilizes a unique down/up method of movement for cutting veneer slats. Unlike conventional frame saws that move up and down in a lineal motion, the Orbit uses a patented swing-out motion at the bottom of the saw stroke.
During the downstroke of the saw frame, the cutting motion is perfectly lineal. At the bottom of the stroke, the saw frame swings out of the cut in the same direction that the wood is moving. Once the saw frame has retracted out of the cut, the frame travels back to the top, remaining out of contact with the wood during the entire upward motion. The saw frame then once again begins its lineal downward cutting motion.
This unique movement has several distinct advantages over the frame movements on older, conventional frame saws. With a conventional thin cutting frame saw, a great deal of heat is generated by sawdust that is captured/packed into and around the saw blade teeth. This occurs because the sawdust and wood chips are unable to clear out from the blade during the upstroke. This fact is especially true when cutting high, as some of the teeth in the center of the saw blades never clear out of the cut. Because the Orbit saw frame moves out of the cut during the upstroke, wood chips and sawdust fall clear from the saw blades. The result is less heat build up on the saw blade, longer saw blade life, dust free slats, and the ability to use a thinner kerf saw blade.
Advantages of the Orbit Thin Cutting Frame Saw
Setup frame change device with dial indicator and lineal slide system
- Saw frames for cutting 200 mm or 250 mm high according to customer requirements (8" or 10" high)
- Complete sets of spacers (according to customer's size requirements)
- Complete sets of Hoggers and Saw Blades (according to customer's size requirements)
- Precision torque wrench (200 Nm) 147 foot-pounds
- Adjustable chip breaker
- Air blast system
- Automatic raise lower of the top feed rollers via electrical push button
- Digital feed speed indicator
- Automatic opening of the machine for frame and safe change over of saw frame
- Automatic central lubricating system
- Driven feed rollers bottom and top